VulcanVerse beta is hurtling towards a future full release. Today, Vulcanite rental and Vulcanite plot defence have been implemented in-game. What does this mean? Read on to find out.
All VulcanVerse players have at least one Vulcanite; your free level 0 companion, chosen through the profile link in My Forge.
While your trusty companion is wonderful to have around when you start the game, as you and those around you progress from level 1 to 2 and beyond, your sidekick will seem.. well, a little weak compared to those players who have an NFT higher level Vulcanite at their disposal. A quick battle in Notus, your Drakonewt vs Syna and, well, in most cases, even with a fully leveled up Drakonewt, you can guess the outcome.
Also, foraging. The higher the level of the Vulcanite, the better chance you have of finding something rare. Forage an NFT anyone?
For players without NFT Vulcanites, you have three options. Stick with your level 0 companion, visit the marketplace and buy a higher level Vulcanite (remember to check the Vulcanite level if you want to avoid waiting to use it) or our new feature- Vulcanite Rental.
How to rent a Vulcanite
Renting is a simple process. If you’ve ever rented a piece of land as a Cedalion, you’ll have a good idea as to how this works.
- The owner of a Vulcanite lists that Vulcanite as available to rent in My Forge through their Cedalion Program tab, My Assets and then a drop down on the right to select Vulcanites.
They choose a Vulcanite and then outline the specifics of the rental such as rental expiry date (rent till) and cost in $PYR. A description can also be given. The owner will sign into their My Forge wallet with their Venly login to confirm rental.
2. The user looking for a Vulcanite to rent will visit the Cedalion marketplace, also under the Cedalion Program tab in My Forge. From here, they can browse the available Vulcanites. Tip- Use the ‘Choose Cedalion Type’ filter on the right show only Vulcanites.
3. Once a Vulcanite is decided upon, select it and pay the required fee and the Vulcanite is yours to use until the rental expiry time. Look after your Vulcanite, if mistreated, some of them bite..
4. Finally, select your Vulcanite through the Vulcanite menu in VulcanVerse, where your rented Vulcanite will appear.
Vulcanite plot defence
Vulcanites have several uses; foraging for items, battling other Vulcanites, spying on plots to gather blueprints for new building assets and defending your plot from any would-be-spy or forager. Not to mention, being your everyday companion as you travel the ‘Verse.
Up until now, Vulcanites have been able to forage and battle. This has meant that, if you have a plot with mythical items, the diamonds in the land you own, are probably being pillaged by all and sundry! Well today, plot defence goes live. Put a stop to the Vulcanite foraging menace in your back yard.
Here’s how it works:
- In VulcanVerse, go to the Vulcanite menu and click on the shield and plus (+) button in your ‘Defended plots’ list next to the plot you would like to defend.
2. Your Vulcanites become selectable so you can choose which Vulcanite to set as the defendant
3. Once you select that Vulcanite, each opposing Vulcanite foraging on that plot will have to have a foraging stat (on his active Vulcanite) higher than the defendants defence stat. So check out those Vulcanite stats, give your best defensive Vulcanite some XP and stop those beasts from digging up your plot!
4. To stop a Vulcanite defending your plot, simply click the ‘X’ in the ‘Defended Plots’ list