The Great Migration has started. So far, we have covered how to create/add a MetaMask account and add the Elysium MainNet network as well as connect your MetaMask wallet so it can automatically sync your NFT assets.
However, it’s important to note that the sync is only for NFT assets, not PYR currently held in your Venly wallet. This article is here to help you bridge/transfer your PYR over to your MetaMask Elysium wallet.
What is token bridging?
Token bridging is the process of transferring tokens from one blockchain network to another. This is done by using a bridge, which is a software that facilitates the transfer of tokens between networks. Bridges work by creating a “wrapped” version of the token on the destination network. This wrapped token is then redeemable for the original token on the source network.
There are a number of reasons why someone might want to bridge tokens, such as to access new dApps, to take advantage of lower gas fees, or to simply move their tokens to a different network.
How do I transfer my tokens?
With this migration process, we are essentially moving away from using Venly wallet and the Polygon network to using MetaMask wallet and the Elysium network.
As such, you might need to transfer your PYR tokens over to your MetaMask Elysium wallet using the Elysium Bridge.
Wondering about your LAVA? This was airdropped on Elysium earlier this year, your LAVA needs to be transferred from your Venly Polygon wallet to your new Elysium MetaMask wallet, and the LAVA will show under My Funds → My Wallets → LAVA.
Withdraw from Venly to your MetaMask on Polygon (include MATIC for bridge gas), then bridge:
- Add the Polygon network to your Elysium MetaMask wallet. This is to receive your PYR before bridging. To do this, click the top left drop down arrow to see networks, then click ‘Add Network’. When prompted, details to add the Polygon network are as follows:
Network name: Polygon
Choose any of the following RPC URLs:
Chain ID: 137
Currency symbol: MATIC
Block explorer: https://polygonscan.com
2. Add MATIC to your MetaMask on Polygon network (this is the bridging gas fee – just a few MATIC will usually do).
3. You’ll also need to add the Elysium blockchain network to your MetaMask to see the tokens once they’re bridged, if you haven’t yet.
Again, go to ‘Add Network’ in MetaMask and input the following details:
Network name: Elysium Blockchain or Elysium MainNet
RPC URL: https://rpc.elysiumchain.tech
Chain ID: 1339
Currency symbol: LAVA
Block explorer: https://blockscout.elysiumchain.tech
More details on adding Elysium blockchain network to MetaMask can be found here.
4. There are two potential routes to take now. You can either:
a) Login to your Venly account. Send your Polygon PYR to your MetaMask on Polygon network.
Note – If you haven’t done this yet, you’ll need to complete Venly’s brief electronic KYC, which can be done with a form of identification and a camera phone.
b) Export your Venly wallet and import into MetaMask, avoiding the need to KYC –
Export a Venly wallet
Import an account to MetaMask
5. Once your Polygon PYR has arrived in your MetaMask wallet, you’re ready to bridge.
First, go to https://bridge.elysiumchain.tech and connect your MetaMask wallet (top right).
- Select Polygon under “From”
- Select Elysium under “To” (or vice versa if you’re sending the other way)
- Select PYR under “Choose Token”
- Enter the amount you want to convert (where it says “spend”). Do not be alarmed if, when attempting to bridge, you are given the warning “we could not verify if you have sufficient balance”.
- You’ll have to approve the token first on MetaMask, and set a spending cap. Recommended is how much you want to send or the default.
6. Then you’ll have to approve the transaction to send the PYR on MetaMask. (Note – you’ll always need MATIC for gas sending from Polygon and LAVA for gas sending from Elysium). Following approval, you’ll then be presented with the option to “deposit”.
You can choose to increase the gas fee from the default setting to speed things up. In the case of bridging from Polygon PYR, the network is congested at times.
Once tokens are successfully bridged to Elysium, they will also show in My Forge (providing you have connected your MetaMask wallet, as described here).
- Current user and player sets his/her Metamask wallet | June 21st – July 19th 2023
- My Forge transitions to Elysium: User add their Metamask wallet on My Forge and data sync| Starting July 19th 2023
- Games transition to Elysium | Expected early August 2023
About Vulcan Forged
Vulcan Forged is a comprehensive web3 ecosystem that encompasses Vulcan Studios, a blockchain game studio and the creators of popular web3 games like VulcanVerse and Berserk and many more. Vulcan Forged has also developed Elysium, a layer-1 blockchain that operates on a carbon-neutral basis, as well as MetaScapes, a metaverse as a service (MaaS) engine. The native token used within our ecosystem is $PYR, the secondary token $LAVA acts as a play-to-earn token. This dual token economy structure is ideal for blockchain gaming.
To stay up to date with Vulcan Forged, please follow on these channels: