Some examples are The Binding Spell of Typhon which can be collected with other items to reward you with a vulcanite or The Winged Boots of Hermes which grants an in-game speed bonus.
Berserk is a fantasy NFT collectible card game using the Vulcanites from VulcanVerse. It’s a standalone game, explorer, and organizer in one. Battle your creatures against one another, level them up, and transfer their abilities to their 3D counterparts in-world! You can play Berserk by following this link: https://berserk.vulcanforged.com/
So you’ve heard about Berserk, the new CCG in the VulcanVerse Ecosystem. Or maybe you saw the exciting finale to the Launch Tournament, where Discord User Mukti won himself a $2.5k NFT as the grand prize, and you want to learn how to play. So let’s go over some of the basics.
The objective of the game is to reduce your opponent to 0 Life points.
Players take it in turns to play cards from their hand and attack their opponents’ creatures or hero directly.
There are currently 2 types of cards in Berserk. Creature cards and Spell cards.
Creature cards are played to 1 of 7 spaces on the board, and can only be played if there is room to do so. Spell cards can be played at any time during your turn.
Each Player has a deck of exactly 30 cards.
Reading a card
Each Berserk card contains 6 key pieces of information.
1) Lava Cost — Top Left. This tells you how much lava the card costs to play
2) Rarity Gem — Top Right. This colored Gem provides an indication of the rarity of the card (typically correlated with power and value)
3) Name of the Card — The middle of the card displays the Name
4) Attack Strength — Bottom Left. This tells you the base attack stat for the card (only creature cards have an attack stat)
5) Health — Bottom Right. This tells you the base health stat for the card (only creature cards have a Health stat)
6) Ability Text — Centre. This explains what effects the card may have, either when played, or when attacking.
There are 5 levels of rarity for Cards in Berserk. Common, Rare, Mythic, Epic and Legendary. We’ll cover the differences and important factors in a more in-depth article.
The Board is made of several distinct zones. The mainboard, your deck, your graveyard, your hand, your lava counter, your life point counter, and the turn timer.
The mainboard has space for 7 cards to be summoned at any one time.
Your deck is made up of exactly 30 cards, when you run out of cards you will not lose the game immediately, but you will stop drawing cards.
Your graveyard shows all the cards you have played in this game. Both players can see all cards in either graveyard.
At the beginning of the game, there is a special one-off turn. You draw your initial 5 cards, you may then select any number of them to return to your deck, before shuffling and redrawing the selected cards. A critical step in ensuring you have a playable hand at the start of the game.
Taking a turn
Each turn has 3 distinct phases. Upkeep, Main Phase, End of Turn.
During the Upkeep step your available lava is set to the maximum available this turn. You then draw cards, and status effects wear off if applicable.
During the Main Phase you can play cards and attack with creatures, you can do this in any order you like, the main phase lasts for 60 seconds, but you can choose to end your turn early.
You may attack any creature you choose, or the enemy hero directly, unless prevented from doing so by the effects of a card.
End of Turn cancels any active spells if you haven’t selected a target, and applies any DoT (Damage over Time) effects where applicable.
Lava is the fuel for your spells. You start each turn by refilling your available lava, and the amount you have access to goes up with every passing turn, allowing for bigger and bigger plays as the game progresses.
Player 1 starts on 1 Lava, and Player 2 starts on 2, to offset the advantage from going first. Lava then increases by 1 point each turn up to a maximum of 10.
Lava is not carried over from one turn to the next; anything you don’t use is wasted, and your total refills at the beginning of each turn. You cannot hold more than 10 lava at one time.
You draw 2 cards per turn, or up to a maximum hand size of 6 (whichever is lower)
After Turn 7, card draw increases to 3 cards per turn, or up to maximum hand size
At Turn 12, the card draw increases again to 4 cards per turn.
This keeps games of Berserk fast-paced and energetic as they go on. This allows for big plays, but a big risk as you burn through what’s left of your limited 30 card deck.
List of Effects
Berserk has an array of abilities and spells that can impact the course of a game. Many cards will simply explain what they do within the ability text of the card. But for some cards Keywords are used, to describe abilities that are otherwise too wordy, or show up on several different cards.
– Blessing — Provides a positive effect to a friendly card, specific details are on each card
– Curse — Provides a negative effect to an enemy card, specific details are on each card
– Heal — Restores hitpoints to either your hero or creatures.
– Immortal — When your hero is Immortal your life points cannot be targeted by enemy attacks or spells
– Immune — Immune creatures cannot be affected by any targeted spells, abilities, or attacks.
– Lifesteal — Heals itself during combat, equal to the damage dealt.
– Poison — Applies a negative debuff that deals 2 damage at the end of turn for each stack of poison, Poison lasts for 1 turn, but applying additional stacks will refresh the timer.
– Rage — Creature gains +1/+0 during your Upkeep step
– Reborn — The first time a Reborn creature dies, it is resummoned with its base attack and HP.
– Sleep — When a card is first summoned it is asleep, and cannot attack until your next turn.
– Stoneskin — When a Stoneskin creature takes damage, the attacker is stunned for 1 turn.
– Strike — A strike creature has multiple attacks.
– Stun — A creature that is Stunned is unable to defend itself, and will be unable to attack for 1 turn.
– Summon — Summons an additional card to the board when played. (if there is space to do so)
– Taunt — Forces creatures to attack this card before being able to target any other creatures, or Hero life points directly.
– Undead — Does not suffer from Sleep. Able to attack immediately when summoned.
Berserk is a fast-paced CCG, easy to pick up, but tricky to master. A fine balance needs to be struck between aggression and defense, and with the wide variety of cards, a game can turn at the drop of a hat.
I hope the above has given you a brief overview of the basics, and you’re now eager to get stuck in and start practicing! If you’d like to know more be sure to check out our Discord Server or keep an eye out for a more in-depth strategy and deck building guide, where we discuss some of the finer points of strategy, and deck construction beforehand, which is just as important as what happens during the game.
Forge Arena is a complex auto-battler using characters from any Vulcan Forged dApp in group battles. Wage war with your Vulcanites against CoddlePets or Block Babies against GeoCats!
Vulcan’s Battle Chess
One of the world’s oldest games comes to VulcanVerse in the form of Vulcan’s Battle Chess. A 3D chess game featuring many Vulcanites as characters, watch as Vulcanite animations play out as you overcome your opponent.
What is a Coddle Pet ?
Coddle Pets are adorable little collectable NFT animals. You can also grow your Pets into adults by playing our Dragon Garden game. Once your Pet is an adult you can then breed your Pet to get more babies. Adult Pets will also be able to access games that baby Pets aren’t allowed to play.
Because you actually own your Coddle Pet, you are more than welcome to sell your Pet on the Marketplace. Rare Pets and high-level Pets tend to fetch the best prices.
GeoCats, the extradimensional NFT platformer!
Players can look forward to exploring the natural world in search of hidden Geocaches. These Geocaches contain treasures and trinkets which users can collect and trade in the form of Non-Fungible tokens.
Dive into a strange futuristic dimension populated by robots and Cats!
Collect new cats, grow catnip, earn PYR
(Fair warning, malevolent forces seem to be infecting the denizens of GeoTerra and turning them into Green Monsters. Dangerous forces gather power… Will you solve the ancient mysteries of GeoCats and restore peace to this purr-fect world?)
Check out Geocats at: https://geocats.net/
Block Babies is simply that — babies on the blockchain. Each baby (and item) is what’s called a Non-Fungible Token (NFT). What this means is that they can never be deleted and they can only ever have one owner. What this does is allow us to create a world (or in this case a nursery) full of different babies and items that can genuinely be unique and owned by you. For more information and to start playing visit:> https://blockbabies.world/.
Agora allows digital artists to secure their original art as a unique piece of work on an immutable and decentralized network. They can then prove ownership or even sell and transfer their ownership to another collector using the Vulcan Marketplace.
Check out Agora> https://myforge.vulcanforged.com/Agora/Explore
1) Go to myforge.vulcanforged.com and click the “Sign Up” link under the account sign in fields
2) Fill out the fields to create your account. User names must be 6 characters and may not use spaces or special characters. If someone has provided you with their referral link, enter it here. Prove to the machine that you’re not a robot and click “Sign Up Now”.
3) You will then be sent an email to the address you just used. Make sure to check the Promotional or Spam folders. Click the link in that email to proceed.
4) Once your email address has been verified, you will now create a 4 digit PIN. This is used in Marketplace transactions for security purposes.
5) After you create your PIN you are given the option to set up Two Factor Authentication (2FA). This is highly recommended for wallet security. After scanning the QR code or inputting the text code into your authenticator app of choice, back up the text code and/or QR code to a safe location. You also have the option to choose to skip the authentication. If you make this choice, you are able to enable 2FA in the future from your profile.
Set Up and Edit Profile
You have now completed the MyForge account setup process. Here you will see your dashboard, with wallets and their addresses, along with links to view your assets, lava, activity, and the marketplace.
1) To complete your profile or to make changes, click on the circular avatar picture in the top right of your Dashboard. You will be presented with four options: Update Profile, My Companion, Enable Two Factor, and Logout.
2) Click on Update Profile to add your User Name if desired. You may also click the Hide Identity checkbox to show as Anonymous when buying or selling from the Marketplace. If you originally created your account via another VF game such as berserk, you may have not received a PIN. Click Send PIN to generate one. This is also where you can check the status of your referrals if you have provided your referral link to others. You can change the avatar image by clicking on Edit and then Change Image under the current avatar.
3) When you click on My Companion you are given the choice to choose a Level 0 Vulcanite to be by your side in VulcanVerse, Berserk, and other VulcanForged games. This choice is permanent, so choose wisely (you can check out Vulcanite stats at https://vv.vulcanforged.com/vulcanites). You do not have to choose right away, so take the time to learn the lore of each and see which quadrant you want to represent in game.
4) After editing your profile, saving the changes, and possibly choosing a vulcanite companion, you are now ready to explore the games, the marketplace, and beyond. Enjoy your time in the Verse and good luck in your journey!
We have partnered with Arkane for custom wallets. These wallets allow storage of both VeChain NFTs and PYR, so you can handle it all in one place. We’ll take care of the rest.
What is PYR?
PYR is an ERC-20 token being ported to Matic. This means those from the ETH community have access to buying it, but as we’re using a Layer 2 solution, there are next to zero gas fees involved in using it. It will be used across all dApps and games in the Vulcan Forged ecosystem.
What can I do with PYR?
There are several utilities: buy/sell in our marketplace, stake in land, Titans or Olympians, stake and farm on Vulcandex, hold to become a dApp in our marketplace, earn it by simply playing, or stake it in VulcanDex. There are many more utilities coming but these will be the first main functions.
$PYR Whitepaper: https://vulcanforged.com/public/assets/frontend/pyr.pdf
$PYR powers the entire Vulcan Forged dApp ecosystem
Vulcan Forged carefully crafted this token together with our blockchain partner Polygon (previously Matic).
We believe that the $PYR token will play a key role in our mission to revolutionize the play-to-earn concept in gaming.
It can be earned in a myriad of ways just by playing the many Vulcan Forged dApps.
The primary use for $PYR will be as a form of currency in the Vulcan Forged marketplace (market.vulcanforged.com).
To interact with the Marketplace (auctions, trades etc) you must first move PYR from “Main Wallet” to “Market Wallet”
The Vulcan Foundation will fund a staking PYR reward pool with 10M initial tokens released over a 48 month period.
Along with the foundation’s contributions, the pools will be added to in four ways (for now), each time equally divided between the two:
50% of the fee taken from every Vulcan Marketplace transaction will go into the reward pool
10% of every fee taken from direct asset sales (Berserk cards, or Vulcanites for example) will go into the reward pool.
50% of every upgrade fee for land, Titans, and Olympians will go into the reward pool
10% of every prize pool and tournament fee setup in the Frenzy game goes to the reward pool.
Inside of the flagship game VulcanVerse, the major use case for $PYR is in leveling up and staking in your NFT land(s) and NFT God(s). Each level increase (up to level 7) will have a $PYR fee and also require a $PYR deposit in the form of token staking.
The fee is non-refundable but the staked coins can be removed at any time. Removing staked coins will, however; lower the level of your land or God to the corresponding amount of $PYR remaining staked (e.g. removing X amount could reduce your land from level 4 to level 2). Upgraded land is eligible for monthly $PYR rewards from the $PYR staking reward pool.
The level and quantity of your lands compared to the levels of all other lands in VulcanVerse will determine how much you will receive as part of the monthly $PYR reward pool dividends.
Leveling up your land allows for increased access to more building tools, better assets, and treasure pits worth greater value. Using $PYR to level up your God will not only change the dynamic nature of your NFT image (as there are unique images for each of the 24 God’s 7 levels), but will also do four critical things:
- A level 7 God will grant you access to Elysium, an exclusive area inside VulcanVerse where you can use your vulcanite to forage (search) for ultra-rare NFTs from the Vaults of Vulcan.
- Raise your percentage of the monthly reward pool by 10% per level increase (e.g. if you earned 100 $PYR, with a 10% increase, you would receive 110 $PYR). Larger reward pool earnings = more $PYR to use within the Vulcan Forged ecosystem!
- Raise your percentage of $LAVA won while playing Vulcan Forged games by a 10% per level increase. $LAVA is used for numerous purposes across Vulcan Forged dApps, such as leveling up your vulcanite’s stats.
- Reduce the seller’s fee in the marketplace reaching 0% at level 7. All of the NFT items you find while foraging, earn by completing quests, etc. in-game can be sold on the marketplace. Reduced seller’s fee = larger $PYR profits!
https://www.gate.io/trade/PYR_USDT *Has PYR/Polygon network withdrawals
Direct Link to Uniswap Market:
erc20 Token Contract address: 0x9534ad65fb398e27ac8f4251dae1780b989d136e
Direct Link to Quickswap Market:
Polygon Token Contract address: 0x348e62131fce2F4e0d5ead3Fe1719Bc039B380A9
You need to set up metamask with your own personal wallet address, it can display your wallet on both the polygon network and ethereum network
As of right now, Pyr on kucoin is ethereum erc-20 token
You can withdraw to your metamask wallet address, it will be on ethereum network
Using the matic bridge with metamask, you can bridge the Pyr erc-20 tokens on the ethereum network over to the polygon network, at the same address in your metamask
Then on the polygon network, you can send that pyr to MyForge wallet
What is Lava?
LAVA is used for numerous purposes across VulcanVerse and is the life-blood of the entire ecosystem.
Players are rewarded with Lava by simply playing and engaging with any Vulcan Forged-made or hosted game.
Every XP route in Vulcan Forged ecosystem that involves gameplay also earns $LAVA
*final $LAVA amounts earned by playing are yet to be finalized but attached is an example of XP routes
Ways to spend LAVA
Lava is the life-blood of the entire Vulcan Forged ecosystem. With it you can:
- Upgrading Land
- Purchasing consumables in-game
- Upgrade Vulcanite stats
- Activate NFT seeds
- Unlocking game features in different Vulcan Forged games
- Staking in VulcanDex
- Upgrade Land
- Purchasing in-game assets
- Upgrade Gods
- Enter Tournaments
Lava Appreciation Program
Rewards will be distributed on a tiered basis.
Simply hold the tier of PYR specified below in your VF wallet to receive the associated Lava appreciation award.
Note: You can upgrade to the next tier/gem but if you downgrade you can’t reclaim it.
As Vulcan’s minions know, $LAVA is the new play-to-earn token generated from gameplay across Vulcan Forged games.
$LAVA can be used to buy materials, upgrade vulcanites, Gods and land (along with XP), and traded for $PYR or $USDC in the upcoming VulcanDex.
We are giving early settlers a chance to also generate daily $LAVA for simply holding $PYR in their wallets.
Note: Your account must have 50 XP already. You can earn XP quickly by playing Berserk at berserk.vulcanforged.com.
But wait, there’s more….
If you hit the snapshot date on Friday 13th August with the below criteria of $PYR held (Matic layer), you will also receive an NFT multiplier gem that adds 1.5x to your daily generated $LAVA.
Note, these NFT gems are transferrable and limited. However, they can only be used on the exact gem tier you own.
Example: You can upgrade to the next tier/gem (if you downgrade you can’t reclaim it). However, if you upgrade to an epic gem for example. you will need the epic gem NFT multiplier.
Tier 1 Basic Gem
Must hold in Vulcan Wallet: 1000–2000 PYR
Also receive: Basic Multiplier NFT
Daily $LAVA Rewards: 3
Tier 2 Common Gem
Must hold in Vulcan Wallet: 2001–4000 PYR
Also receive: Common Multiplier NFT
Daily $LAVA Rewards: 6
Tier 3 Rare Gem
Must hold in Vulcan Wallet: 4001–8000 PYR
Also receive: Rare Multiplier NFT
Daily $LAVA Rewards: 15
Tier 4 Mythic Gem
Must hold in Vulcan Wallet: 8001–12000 PYR
Also receive: Mythic Multiplier NFT
Daily $LAVA Rewards: 35
Tier 5 Epic Gem
Must hold in Vulcan Wallet: 12001–20000 PYR
Also receive: Epic Multiplier NFT
Daily $LAVA Rewards: 70
Tier 6 Legendary Gem
Must hold in Vulcan Wallet: 20001–30000 PYR
Also receive: Legendary Multiplier NFT
Daily $LAVA Rewards: 150
Tier 7 Fire Gem
Must hold in Vulcan Wallet: 30001–50000
Also receive: Fire Multiplier NFT
Daily $LAVA Rewards: 250
Tier 8 Cedalion Gem
Must hold in Vulcan Wallet: 50001+
Also receive: Cedalion Multiplier NFT
Daily $LAVA Rewards: 450
What is XP
XP holds no monetary value, is held off-chain, and cannot be traded.
However, XP is required for maximum Play to Earn potential and in order to do any of the following.
Level up your account
Achievement levels credit your account with a new status based on accumulated XP
XP is used to:
- Level up your Avatar
- Activate seeds
- Level up your Vulcanites Stats
- Participate in Events dependant on the Account level
- Gamble in Vulcan Poker
- Upgrade items/ appearance
- Unlock features in Berserk
- A constant flow of XP is necessary to be able to Stake Land (in-active game accounts won’t receive staking rewards)
You earn XP by carrying out simple tasks such as the following examples (full list with all routes coming soon):
– Foraging, Battling, Spying, or Defending with your Vulcanites
– Visiting Landmarks in VulcanVerse
– Travelling X distance
– Winning or losing in any of Vulcan Forged games
Because these assets are NFTs, they can be bought and exchanged in the marketplace.
The marketplace can be found at https://market.vulcanforged.com/
In VulcanVerse, you can create your own quests and adventures, forage for NFTs, and battle against other Vulcanites.
Deposit and Withdraw Funds
The following article is a complete guide to purchasing and transferring PYR
How to Purchase NFTs
The first place we need to visit is your Vulcan Forged wallet. After signing in to your account select the My Wallets Option in the upper right hand of the website.
This should bring up all the wallets in your VulcanForged Account
PYR | MATIC IS THE ONLY VALID TOKEN FOR MARKETPLACE TRANSACTIONS!
Now that we’ve ascertained that we have enough funds, and we are ready to transact with the market.
We HAVE to move our PYR | MATIC into the PYR MARKET WALLET (this enables users to interact with the marketplace)